west coast girl, east coast culture.... bawlmer style, hon.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy report on school, just words

Ok so, I was totally freaking out about being one of a MILLION people trying to get into a nursing program and was convinced that ultimately I would not getting in.  Most of you have had to endure my fretful stories of this endeavor and will be happy to read on.

When things were looking their darkest, I caught an unexpected break.  No, I haven't heard back from any of the schools yet BUT, I did get recruited to join a Massage program. Hooray, purpose!!!!  I can start this program and finish later if I get accepted into a nursing program.  OR, if I don't get in I can finish massage and try again for nursing next year. Yay for options!!!!  Either way it's win-win and I am THRILLED to be starting SOMETHING.... especially something so up my alley that can compliment nursing.

My first lab was Friday where our small cohort of 6 did yoga for a half hour and gave/received massages for the next 3 & 1/2.  Can you say heaven?  More news on school to come.  I should know by end of April about all the programs I applied to.  In the mean time, I'll be blissfully learning the art of massage and finding joy in being in school once again. xo